EDMODO CLASSROOM SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AND SERVICE AGREEMENT
Welcome! Below you will find Elernity’s Software End User License and Service Agreement as well as Elernity's
The EDMODO CLASSROOM SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AND SERVICE AGREEMENT includes, among other things:
- - A license to software and services that govern the use of the System (as defined below) by you
- - The terms of service
- - The use of personal information and student data on the System
- - Limits on liabilities and warranty
The PRIVACY STATEMENT describes, among other things:
--Information we collect:
- o Information you provide by completing your account registration; e.g., name, email, address, and
- o Information about how you use the System and/or services; e.g., how and when you use the System or
Service, frequency of use, etc.
- o Other types of information, as set forth below in the Privacy Statement
--How we use the information:
- o To provide the service and operate the System
- o To improve our products and services
- o In other ways as further described below in the Privacy Statement
I. EDMODO CLASSROOM SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AND SERVICE AGREEMENT
This EDMODO CLASSROOM SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AND SERVICE AGREEMENT (this "EULA") is a legal agreement
between you and Elernity Limited for the use of the EDMODO CLASSROOM Online Service (the “EDMODO CLASSROOM
Service” or the “Service”), and the EDMODO CLASSROOM Mobile Application (the “EDMODO CLASSROOM Software" or
the “Software”). For convenience, we refer to the combination of Software and Services that we provide to
you as the “System.”
This EULA is entered into between the End-User and Elernity Limited located at 851 Building, 58 Hot Spring
Road, Fuzhou ("Elernity"). By agreeing to the terms of this EULA in the manner set forth below, You, as the
End-User, have agreed to install and/or use the System on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- a. Documentation means the Elernity user or technical manuals, training materials, specifications or
other documentation applicable to the Software and/or Service and made available to You.
- b. EDMODO CLASSROOM Content means text, software, voice, image, video, chart and other information owned
by Elernity, or licensed by Elernity from other third-parties.
- c. End-User (or alternatively referred to as "You" or “Your”) means the Licensee and, where applicable,
any employees (including, without limitation, administrators, IT directors, teachers, instructors, etc.
acting as a representative of the school, the school board, the school district, etc.), consultants,
installers, and students who are authorized by the Licensee to Use the Software and/or the Service at
the Licensee's location.
- d. Licensee means the entity (or individual) that obtained the Software and/or Service on behalf of the
- e. Personal Information means any information that can personally identify a specific individual.?
- f. Processing means any operation which is performed with respect to personal data, such as collection,
recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or any kind of disclosure or other use.
- g. Sensitive Personal Information means the following categories of Personal Information: social
security numbers (US Users only), dates of birth, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership
of political associations, physical or mental health or condition, health related personal data,
membership in a government program, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,
philosophical beliefs, membership in a professional or trade association or union, sexual orientation or
practices, criminal record, genetic information, and biometric information. WE DO NOT INTEND TO COLLECT
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANY OF OUR USERS. Please do not voluntarily provide this information
to the System or Service.
- h. Student Data means Personal Information that is directly related to an identifiable current or former
student that is maintained by a school, school district, or related entity or organization, or by us.?
To the extent U.S. Law applies, Student Data may include “educational records” as defined by the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), 20 U.S.C. § 1232(g).
- i. Update means a software release that either (1) increments the Major or Minor version number, and
which contains enhancements improving functionality or capabilities of the Software, thus changing the
basic character or structure of the Software or (2) increments the revision number of the Software and
corrects bugs, defects, and/or deficiencies, or provides minor modification in the existing operation of
the Software in accordance with the published specifications but does not substantially change the basic
character or structure of the Software. YOU AGREE that Elernity reserves the right to, and Elernity may,
from time to time,?push over-the-air (OTA) Updates to your computer or mobile device such that those
Updates automatically install on your computer or mobile.??Your computer or mobile may also be
configured to notify you when an OTA Update is available for manual installation.
- j. Use, Using or Used means to directly or indirectly install, load, execute, access, employ, utilize,
store, or display the Service and/or the Software.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.? By Using the System, You agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you are
entering into this EULA on behalf of an entity, you represent that you have authority to bind that entity.
If you do not have such authority or you do not agree to the terms of the EULA, neither you nor the entity
may Use the System. In the event a systems or technical administrator, or other representative of an entity
is accepting these terms on behalf of all intended End-Users, it is the responsibility of that
representative to ensure that the terms of this EULA are understood and complied with by each End-User.
3. DATA PROTECTION: CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. TO THE EXTENT THAT ELERNITY COLLECTS ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION
ABOUT THE END-USER IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING THE SYSTEM, IT WILL DO SO ONLY AS OUTLINED IN THIS EULA AND IN
ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
BY USING THE SYSTEM, YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO ELERNITY AND ITS AFFILIATES COLLECTING AND PROCESSING THE DATA
SET FORTH BELOW WITH RESPECT TO THE SYSTEM. IN GENERAL, THE FOLLOWING PERSONAL DATA MAY BE COLLECTED BY THE
- a. PERSONAL DATA (E.G., USER ID, PASSWORD, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, AND EMAIL ADDRESS); and
- b. TECHNICAL INFORMATION (SOME OF WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE LAW IN YOUR TERRITORY)
ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM (INCLUDING IP AND MAC ADDRESS), APPLICATION SOFTWARE, AND PERIPHERALS, THAT
IS GATHERED PERIODICALLY TO FACILITATE THE PROVISION OF SOFTWARE UPDATES, PRODUCT SUPPORT, AND OTHER
SERVICES TO YOU (IF ANY) RELATED TO THE SYSTEM, AND TO VERIFY COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS EULA.
YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO ELERNITY USING THIS INFORMATION TO IMPROVE OUR PRODUCTS OR TO PROVIDE SIMILAR
SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGIES TO YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS TYPE OF DATA MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO
AND STORED ON SERVERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA.
4. LICENSE. This EULA grants to You, subject to Your compliance with this EULA, a limited, non-transferable,
non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, royalty-free right to use the System, and its related Software in object
code format only, and the Service, together with any Documentation during the Term. For purposes of clarity,
the "Software" includes any subsequent Updates to the Software. This EULA also grants to You, subject to
Your compliance with this EULA, a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, royalty-free
right to use the EDMODO CLASSROOM Content, but you are not entitled to copy the EDMODO CLASSROOM Content for
use outside the System.
5. PERMITTED USE AND RESTRICTIONS
- a. Mobile Application. The Software may be downloaded onto any compatible mobile computing device and is
only permitted to be used in conjunction with other EDMODO CLASSROOM Software and Elernity products
unless specifically permitted in writing by Elernity.
- b. Reproduction of Other Materials. The Software may be used to reproduce and modify materials only in
accordance with applicable law. All other reproductions and modifications are prohibited. If you are
uncertain about your right to copy or modify any material, You should contact your legal advisor.
- c. Decompilation. You will not modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to
derive the source code for the Software.
- d. Notices. You will not remove, alter, cover or obfuscate any copyright notices, trademarks, or other
proprietary rights notices placed or embedded by Elernity on or in any Software,
- e. Copyright. You will not use the Software, or any component thereof, to enable copyright
protection-circumvention devices or to violate or circumvent in any manner any content copyright,
content protection scheme, or content copy policies. You will notify Elernity immediately if You become
aware of any unauthorized possession or use of the Software by any person or entity without a License.
6. TERMS SPECIFIC TO THE SERVICE
Elernity or its licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the System,
Software, Service, Documentation and EDMODO CLASSROOM Content made available through the System, including
copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the
System, Software, Service, Documentation and EDMODO CLASSROOM Content are limited to those expressly granted
by this EULA.? No other rights with respect to the System, Software, Service, Documentation and EDMODO
CLASSROOM Content or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied. You acknowledge that
the System, Software, Service, Documentation and EDMODO CLASSROOM Content may contain unpublished
information and embody valuable trade secrets proprietary to Elernity.? Elernity reserves all rights in the
System, Software, Service, Documentation and EDMODO CLASSROOM Content not expressly granted in this EULA.
8. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA
You agree that Elernity and its affiliates may collect and use technical and related information, including
but not limited to technical information about your mobile device, computer, system and application
software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of Software Updates,
support and other services to You (if any) related to the System and to verify compliance with the terms of
this EULA. Elernity may use this information to improve our products, to provide services or technologies to
You, to conduct research and development, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and
You acknowledge that the use of the System is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other
export laws, restrictions, and regulations (collectively, the “Export Laws”) and that you will comply with
the Export Laws. You will not supply, transfer, export, or re-export the System in violation of any
applicable Export Laws. In addition, you are responsible for complying with any applicable local laws which
may restrict the import, export, or use the System or materials. All rights to use the System are granted on
condition that such rights are forfeited if you fail to comply with the terms of this EULA. If Elernity has
knowledge or reasonable cause to suspect that a violation has occurred, Elernity may be prohibited from
providing maintenance and support for the System and or Elernity may terminate your use of the System.
10. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMERS
- a. Our System is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis (unless otherwise expressly provided
in this EULA). To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly disclaim all
warranties, representations, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied,
including, but not limited to any implied warranties, representations, conditions or other terms of
merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or as to non-infringement
of any intellectual property right.
- b. We make no warranty or representation that (i) the System will meet your requirements, (ii) the
System will be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the
use of the System will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services,
information, or other material obtained by you through the System will meet your expectations, or
(v) any errors will be corrected.
- c. You acknowledge and accept that any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of
the System is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any
damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- d. Subject to clause 10(e), there is no legal theory (including, without limitation, tort (including
negligence), contract, strict liability, or otherwise even if we have been advised of the
possibility of such loss or damage) under which Elernity will be liable to you or to any other
- 1) loss of profits;
- 2) loss of goodwill;
- 3) loss of data;
- 4) work stoppage;
- 5) accuracy of results;
- 6) computer failure or malfunction; or
- 7) any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary loss or damage, arising out of
or in relation to these terms and conditions or your use (or inability to use) our Service.
- e. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall limit or exclude our liability:
- 1) for death or personal injury caused by our gross negligence;
- 2) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- 3) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our
liability in any jurisdiction.
- 4) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ELERNITY, ITS EMPLOYEES
OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, SALES, DATA OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOSS
OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, ECONOMIC, COVER,
PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING FORCE MAJEURE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER
ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF
OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ELENITY OR ITS LICENSORS OR
AFFILIATES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME COUNTRIES AND
JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, BUT MAY ALLOW LIABILITY TO BE LIMITED, IN
SUCH CASES, THE LIABILITY OF ELERNITY, ITS EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED
TO THE SUM ELERNITY RECEIVE FROM YOU UNDER THIS EULA.
- f. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion
of certain liabilities. Accordingly, some of the above limitations set out above may not apply to
you. In particular, where you are using our Service as a consumer, nothing in these Terms of Service
shall affect your statutory rights.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION
- a. Except as set forth in this EULA, for individual teachers using the System, your account will remain
available to you for as long as the System is available or unless you request your account to be deleted
(the “Term”). The terms herein shall apply to you for as long as you use the System.? Terms that, by
their nature, should survive and apply even after you no longer use the System shall survive and remain
applicable.? By way of example, all of the following will survive termination of the System: any
obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us; any limitations on our liability; any terms regarding
ownership or intellectual property rights including the licenses granted in Section 7, and terms
regarding disputes between us.
- b. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate the System or any part of it or
your use of the System or your account, for any reason, including your breach of this EULA or Privacy
Policy. We have the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any such terms.
12. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
The Software may have been created using source code available through various open source projects and
specific third party proprietary software. Open source software is available under the terms of the GNU
Lesser General Public License, a copy of which can be found at www.gnu.org/Licenses. Other such Open Source
Projects contained within the Software are as follows:
a. Mobile Application
Other Open Source Projects are contained within the Service and include:
b. Web Portal
Other Open Source Projects are contained within the Service and include:
NodeJS – https://nodejs.org/en/ All Rights Reserved.
CEF - A BSD-licensed open source project founded by Marshall Greenblatt in 2008 and based on the Google
Elernity is not liable for your use of any such open source software.
- a. You will not transfer or assign the rights and obligations granted to You under this EULA or Your
right to use the System without Elernity’s prior written consent, and any attempt to do so without such
consent will be void and of no effect.
- b. Elernity may assign its rights and obligations under this EULA at any time during the term.
- c. Subject to the foregoing, this EULA will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties and their
respective successors and permitted assigns.
14. COMPLETE AGREEMENT
This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the System
licensed hereunder and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter.
The parties hereto confirm that they have requested that this EULA and all related documents be drafted in
English. To the extent a conflict in interpretation arises between the English version and any translation
of this EULA, the English version shall prevail.
Notices to the End User regarding, for example but without limitation, Updates to the Software or
amendments to or modifications of this EULA, may be provided by Elernity either by (a) sending it to the
Licensee's email or business address on record or such email or business address as the Licensee may have
most recently notified Elernity; (b) by posting notice when the End-User updates the Software, or by text
message or SMS.
15. GOVERNING LAW
- a. This EULA, any dispute arising under or which is related to this EULA (whether in contract, tort or
otherwise), and the validity, performance and interpretation of this EULA will be governed by and
construed in all respects under, the laws of the People’s Republic of China without giving effect to its
conflicts of law principles.
- b. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically
If any of the provisions in this EULA are held to be in violation of applicable law, then such provisions are
hereby waived or amended to the extent necessary to achieve the same economic effect for this EULA to be
enforceable in such jurisdiction and the rest of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
The section headings appearing in this EULA are inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way
define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section or in any way affect the license
Should you have any questions about the terms of this EULA or the use of the Software please contact
legal@Elernity.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
II. PRIVACY STATEMENT
It is Elernity’s privilege to provide classroom solutions around the world that transform learning spaces
into engaging and collaborative environments and immerse students in the latest interactive technology. The
trust you have in Elernity’s solutions is the foundation of who we are as a company. That trust is why
protecting the privacy and security of your personal data is paramount to Elernity. We want you to know
- a. Elernity is committed to protecting your personal information;
- b. Elernity will not sell any of your personal information to third parties;
- c. Elernity will use your data to provide you with superior products and services;
- d. Elernity will abide by privacy laws and regulations as applicable around the world; and
- e. Elernity will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
We promise to process your personal information in a manner that is always lawful, fair and transparent. We
also promise to provide you with choice and control over the use of your personal information in accordance
with prevailing laws and obligations.
This Privacy Statement describes how Elernity collects, uses and discloses your personal information in
connection with the System. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Statement and/or
our data practices, please contact us at email@example.com
Your use of the System and any information you provide through it is subject at all times to this Privacy
Statement and EULA.
1. How do we Collect Your Information and What Do We Use It For?
a. Information You Provide to Us. Users who want to have access to their stored data are required to set
up an account on the System. When you set up an account, we will ask you for the following types of
- 1) Contact information such as name, phone number, e-mail address, postal address. We process this
information to provide our Services to you. The legal basis for this processing activity is the
performance of a contract.
- 2) Account information such as a username and password to create and access your account. We process
this information to provide our Services to you. The legal basis for this processing activity is the
performance of a contract.
- 3) Your organization name (e.g., school name, district name, etc.).
- 4) Login Information which may include your IP address, device type, name, date and time of your visit,
information on your browser version, information on your operating system, including language settings,
MAC addresses, and User ID. We will process this information to provide you with access to the System.
The legal basis for this processing activity is the performance of a contract and our legitimate
interest to guarantee the system’s stability and security.
b. Your use of the System. During your use of the system, we may collect and process information from you
in connection with your use of the system (as applicable):
- 1) The system may make use of your device attributes and settings that will allow us to determine your
physical location. Such technologies may include IP address mapping, Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower
positioning or other technologies. We use this information to enhance and personalize your experience
and will not be used for any other purpose. This information may be collected in combination with an
identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognize your mobile browser or device when you
return to the System. The legal basis for this processing activity is the performance of a contract.
- 2) When you contact or send communications to Elernity, for example when you contact customer support,
report a problem, or submit questions, concerns, or comments regarding the System, in which case we may
collect contact information such as your email address and other important information about your
inquiry or concern. This information is used to respond to your communications, fulfill your requests,
or provide other customer support. This processing activity is based on your (implicit) consent and in
the performance of a contract, depending on the initial purpose for contacting our customer support.
- 3) When you subscribe to other features or activities that we may offer from time to time on the System
and submit or upload information in connection with such features. The data being collected for such
features and their intended uses will be evident at the time of data collection. The legal basis for
this processing activity is based on the performance of a contract.
- 4) When you browse, navigate, or otherwise interact with the System, as outlined in the "Cookies and
Similar Technologies" section below.You are under no obligation to provide personal data to the System
when requested. However, if you choose to withhold any requested information, we may not be able to
provide you with certain services and features.
c. How Do we Use Your Information? In addition to the specific uses above, any information that you
provide or that we collect on the Service may be generally used for the following purposes:
- 1) To operate, maintain, and improve the System;
- 2) To give you access to the System and related features, or restrict your access;
- 3) To personalize the System or content on the System, as well as make it more user-friendly;
- 4) To allow you to manage your account or account information, update your account settings, and (where
applicable) make purchases or subscribe to services available on the System;
- 5) To communicate with you about the System (product changes, feature updates, etc.);
- 6) To provide technical support or customer service;
7) To protect the integrity, safety, or security of the System or our users, comply with legal
obligations, or enforce compliance with our EULA or other restrictions placed on your use of the System.
2. Information Sharing
Elernity may share your information as set forth below. Please note that Elernity does not sell personal data
about you to third-party companies for their marketing purposes.
- a. Agents and contractors. Elernity may share End-User information, including personal data like billing
information or usernames, with our third-party agents, contractors, or service providers who are hired
to perform services on Elernity’s behalf. These providers may operate or support certain functions of
the System. These agents and contractors are allowed to use the information shared with them only for
the specific tasks they’ve been hired to do and consistent with this Privacy Statement, and for no other
purposes. Elernity takes steps to ensure that all service providers with access to personal data are
capable of protecting the information we share with them and also requires that these agents and
contractors execute a data processing agreement.
- b. Legal disclosures. We may disclose personal data about you as required or permitted by law and/or
comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our System. To the extent
permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal data about you in response to a request from
law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other public agencies (including schools or children services)
or if such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to
public safety or protect the safety of a child using our System, protect the security or integrity of
our System, or enable us to take precautions against liability or to protect our rights.
- c. Business transfers. Information about our users, including personal data, may be disclosed and
otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of
assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which
information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets. Where necessary,
we will inform you of such disclosure and obtain your consent.
- d. Anonymized information. We share aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal data
with third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with reporting obligations; (ii) for
business or marketing purposes; (iii) to assist us and other parties in understanding our users'
interests, habits and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, promotions and/or
functionality available through the System. We do not share personal data about you in this case.
3. Security and Data Retention
- a. Security. The security of your personal data is important to us. When you enter information in the
System, Elernity (or the service provider operating the function on our behalf) will encrypt that
information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) or similar technologies. We have security
measures in place to attempt to protect the personal or other information submitted to us against the
loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that
loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100%
- b. Retention. Elernity may retain End-Users’ account data internally for the following purposes:
- 1) Billing information and transaction histories are retained to resolve subsequent billing
disputes and inquiries;
- 2) User account history is retained to support subsequent customer service inquiries and to
provide, improve and develop the System;
- 3) To promote safety and security on and for the System; and
- 4) To comply with legal obligations.
We may retain your information for as long as is necessary and relevant to your use of the
System and our operations, which may include retaining your information beyond the end of your
use of the System.
- c. External links. The System may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or applications.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites or applications. To make
clear when you are linking to a third-party site or application, you are leaving our System and we are
not responsible for the privacy practice of that third-party site or application nor are we responsible
for any content on third-party sites and/or applications.
4. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
If personal data about you changes, or if you no longer desire to use our System, you may correct, update,
amend or delete your account under your account settings.
5. Storage and International Transfer of Your Personal Data
In most instances, all username and password information will be sent to and stored on secure severs located
in the United States. All other Personal Data (i.e., profile data and general End-User content), which we
collect, is sent to and stored on secure servers based on the “country of residence” that You selected when
Your account was created on the System. You can see where your profile data is being stored based on your
“country of residence” at the following link: www.Elernityworld.com/opensourcesoftware[A11].
Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Elernity operates globally and we may transfer
the Personal Data that we collect from you to our other offices and/or to the third-parties mentioned
herein, which may be situated outside of your country or regional area and may be processed by staff
operating outside your country or regional area. The data protection laws of the United States or other
countries may not be as comprehensive or equivalent to those in your country of residence. Wherever we
transfer your personal data, we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, ensure an adequate
level of protection, and have appropriate safeguards for our users’ rights and legal remedies. When
information provided to us or collected by us is processed by our agents and contractors, we will have a
data processing agreement with the agent or contractor.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
a. Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit the
site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size
and other display preferences) over a period of time, for example so you don’t have to re-enter them
whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is
- 1) Session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- 2) Persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- 1) First-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain; or
- 2) Third-party cookies stored by a different domain to the visited page's domain. This can happen when
beacons, tags, scripts, and/or other similar technologies – automatically collect technical information
about the devices and software you use to access the System, such as the type of Internet browser or mobile
device you use, the website or source that linked or referred you to the System, your IP address or device
ID (or other persistent identifier that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device on the Internet),
the operating system of your computer or mobile device, and other similar technical information. These same
technologies (or a combination of them) may also be used to help us:
- 1) Capture and store users' preferences, account settings, and certain login information (mainly for
convenience, user verification, and account security);
- 2) Compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the System, including details
about how and where our System is downloaded from or accessed, how often a user visits or uses the
System, the date and time of user visits to, and actions on, the System, which areas of the System are
visited and for how long, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data;
- 3) Mobile analytic tools to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on
your device and gain insights about how mobile software is used;
- 4) Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about our System, including performance
data related to our mobile application, such as networking activity, CPU load, and resource usage, among
other relevant data;
- 5) Gather demographic information about our user base; and
- 6) Perform other similar functions.
c. Cookies used by the System. The following lists enable you to recognize the cookies placed on your browser
when you use the System. Although we strive to list all cookies used by us or our technology partners, if
you find a discrepancy or think that a cookie has been omitted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies used on the website or web portal include:
- 1)Nation is permanent which can help users switch to the server of the country where users frequently
- 2)Languages are permanent which can help users choose the language they use often, reducing unnecessary
operations of users.
- 3)Account ID is currently permanent,and token will last lately 30 days, which the user can choose to
save the authentication information and no longer need to enter the password for a period of time. (The
default storage time can be adjusted, the user can also actively clear, and the token will automatically
expire after 30 days).
d. Your choices. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can
change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Some browser manufacturers
provide comprehensive help relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more
- 1) Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB,
- 2) Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies,
- 3) Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer,
- 4) Safari (Desktop): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US,
- 5) Safari (Mobile): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265,
- 6) Android Browser: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=0-636612941590933601-131731679&hl=en&rd=1, and
- 7) Opera: https://www.opera.com/help.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block or delete cookies that are already on your computer.
Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the System, you may not be able to take full advantage of the System and the System may not function correctly or at all.
7. Privacy Statement Changes and Updates
We may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our information practices at any time, so please review it frequently. If we update this Statement, changes will be reflected on this page and we will update the "Last Updated" date posted below, and in the event we make material changes, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you.
EDMODO CLASSROOM Software End User License and Service Agreement for Version 1.0 * Last Updated - April 2019
Elernity 2019. All rights reserved.